2006-12-25

Hello world

For every programmer, it's the first step to write "Hello world" case. Here is mine.

With a new year coming, I finally start this new blog. In past days, I am maintaining three blogs, csdn, sfo and my-donews. All three are in chinese. Though I wrote a few posts in english, but the UI(web pages) of them are in chinese which may affect sth (I'm not sure).

Anyway, I want to be more open to the whole worlds, esepecially in the technique fields. Until now there are too many blog host sites(eg. wordpress.com) are fobidden by China GWF. Fortunately, (google do sth and) blogger comes back for china users. It's one of the most famous and the best blog host, and it's an international place. So I'm here.

To be honest, I will still post many posts in chinese, but at least with an additional title and abstract in english.

BTW, after register, what I first do is changing the settings of blogger, which default to localized chinese interface. Hum... It's not as easy as I thought. There are two, one is settings->formatting->language and the other is dashboard->change language. The latter determines the UI language of author's manage dashboard, but the lang used by toolbar on top of the pages also depends on it. It's obviously a wrong design, because the lang settings of the author should not affect the readers.

No comments: