2006-12-27

Keep connection

The seaquake occured yestereve(2006-12-26T20:25+8:00) cause at least sixeight cables damaged. It affects the internet connections from China to USA and Europe. Most people, include me, can't access MSN, Yahoo, MySpace and many other sites. As a MSN user, I'm very worry about losing the connection to the world in the next two weeks.

But I'm pleased that I can still connect most Google services, such as gmail, gtalk, google reader, and blogger. Someone said that is because Google has some servers at China. But I doubt whether there are some servers of blogger at China? Another guess is Google services are mainly base on the continent cables not the sea cables. The result of TraceRoute support this.

Not surprisingly, I have read the arguments about .com domain and drum for .cn domain again, which says .cn is controlled by chinese people ourselves, and won't be affected by such accident. Ridiculous, let's make our own China Intranet, put off Internet...

Anyway, It's a good opportunity to prove my choice about blogger is reasonable.

No comments: